Graphic & Digital Media Designer
The Graphic and Digital Media Designer is responsible for working closely with USUO's marketing, fundraising, and education departments to produce effective print and digital design projects in a fast-paced environment. The designer will work with the Utah Symphony, Utah Opera, and Deer Valley® Music Festival brands and will use brand and campaign guidelines established by USUO’s advertising agency to produce creative that builds brand engagement. The designer is responsible for effectively managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and communicating with stakeholders.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Translate marketing objectives into compelling and effective advertising collateral.
- Create and execute print, digital, and motion graphic design projects within brand and style guidelines for campaigns established by USUO’s agency partners.
- Work with the digital communications team to design for digital platforms including USUO’s website and social media.
- Participate in A/B testing of advertising materials. Understand what works best and apply these learnings to future design projects.
- Take photos at events for collateral. Assist with photo shoots as well as photo selection, management, and archiving.
- Meet tight deadlines and stay within established budgets and project objectives.
- Listen to feedback and complete comments from the proofing and approval process accurately.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in graphic design. Bachelor degree in graphic design or related field preferred.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word in a Windows environment.
- Understanding of typography, layout principles, and printing (including pre-press).
- Ability to take design concepts and apply them to different advertising mediums in a cohesive manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude. Great communication, flexibility, and teamwork.
- Good knowledge of camera equipment and photography.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet tight deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Effective writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Responsive to design critiques and changes.
- General marketing and advertising knowledge.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required to attend events.
- Passion for and knowledge of classical music and opera preferred.
In addition to complimentary and discounted tickets to Utah Symphony and Utah Opera performances, benefits include health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) retirement plan participation, sick and vacation time, and paid holidays.