Patron Loyalty Marketing Manager
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) is seeking a creative, outgoing individual with strong direct marketing skills who is also knowledgeable and passionate about classical music and opera to join its marketing team. As USUO’s Patron Loyalty Marketing Manager you will responsible for upgrading a patron’s engagement from a new single ticket buyer to a loyal subscriber/donor through direct marketing, including email and direct mail, and loyalty programs.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Implement creative strategies that encourage return visits and subscription purchases for the Utah Symphony, Utah Opera and Deer Valley® Music Festival.
- Take ownership of and report on loyalty metrics including customer retention, subscription renewal rates, subscription packages and revenue, subscriber/donor rate, and lifetime value. Measure, analyze and interpret results of direct marketing campaigns.
- Understand the patron continuum in detail and develop strategies to move single ticket buyers to multi-ticket buyers to subscribers and eventually subscribing-donors.
- Define customer segmentation and financial goals for retention and subscription campaigns. Pull mail and email lists from Tessitura. Design and implement marketing campaigns to target these segments. Coordinate campaign efforts with the Sales Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the front of house manager, development department, and others in the organization to implement strategies that increase patron satisfaction, engagement, repeat purchase, and lifetime value.
- Plan and execute direct marketing efforts to patrons in our database, including the following:
- The annual subscription renewal and acquisition campaign.
- Posters and materials (i.e. brochures) promoting subscriptions at performances.
- Direct mail campaigns for single ticket sales and subscriptions.
- Automatic/triggered email communication programs aimed at delivering highly relevant messages to patrons (i.e. pre-concert emails, post-concert emails, etc).
- Email marketing campaigns (i.e. upcoming performance promotional emails, targeted email blasts, and subscription campaign emails)
- Coordinate with the Website Manager to develop and implement campaigns on our websites for subscriptions and customer retention. Acquire subscribers and grow email lists. Oversee the content for “Plan Your Experience” sections on the website including parking, lodging, and restaurants.
- Prepare creative briefs and write advertising copy for campaigns. Collaborate with graphic designers to design materials for campaigns.
- Create and implement surveys to gather feedback from patrons.
- Optimize campaigns through A/B testing.
- Obtain bids from printers. Manage printing and mailing for projects.
- Bachelor degree in Management, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience with loyalty or subscription marketing.
- Demonstrated commitment to USUO’s values of excellence, integrity, trust and communication.
- Experience marketing events to consumers using direct mail, email, web and other channels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Data analysis and database marketing experience
- Understanding of the fundamentals of direct response marketing
- Experience working with Tessitura an advantage
- Passionate and knowledgeable about classical music and opera.
- Complimentary tickets to Utah Symphony and Utah Opera performances
- Paid sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision benefits)
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement plan participation